A good corporate video gets convey a marketing message much better than any text or image. If we add that each month are displayed 6 billion hours of video on YouTube worldwide, we conclude that we cannot miss this incredible opportunity to reach a wider audience.
In this post we’ll show you how to create a YouTube channel for your business and give content to achieve connect with your community and help you build your brand identity.
How to create a YouTube channel
- First you must create a personal profile on Google+, and then a Google+ page for your business. Once you have it you can start with your YouTube channel.
- Now you must go to the YouTube page and enter Google+ account associated with your business.
- Then you really personal account, as well as the option to create a new account for the Google+ page for your business. Click on the page of your business.
- If you agree to create a channel for your business a pop-up message appears asking. Click “OK”.
- Another pop-up message will appear to notify you that your YouTube channel and Google+ are already connected. Click “OK” again.
- And voila, you have a YouTube channel for your business. Has it been easy right? Now comes the complicated…
Customize your YouTube channel
Now is the time to customize your channel to have a professional look.
By default, your channel icon will be the same as you have in your Google+ profile, but you can change it to any other image that is the recommended size YouTube in JPG, GIF, BMP or PNG format.
Add a custom header image with your corporate colors to forward your brand identity. The cover photo of your channel must weigh less than 4MB and measuring 2048 x 1152 pixels (though YouTube recommends 2560 x 1440 pixels for best results on all devices).
Details and description
- To unlock customization options YouTube channel you must click the Setup icon under your cover photo.
- Search the “personalize the design of your channel”, activate it and saves settings.
- Click on the “More” to edit the details of your business.
- In description you must write a short paragraph related to your business and what you do. Be sure to also include a contact email.
- On the right side you can find a section called “featured channels” where you can include other YouTube channels that have you or any of your employees.
What kind of content can you create?
From now on the videos become part of your online marketing strategy. You can provide high-quality content, informative and entertaining for your customers to keep their attention and make them return to your channel and online business.
You may also like to read another article on Tiffany-Hines: Investment in advertising and video ads will double by 2019
More and more people go to YouTube to know how to do or fix something. The “how-to” or “how to” searches are growing 70% each year, so you have a clear opportunity to capture new audiences by providing educational content related to your products.
Educational videos are a great way to build trust with your audience, creating a relationship that will likely end in a purchase. Create content on how to use your products, how to resolve errors, tips, etc. For example for a line of hair care it would be interesting tutorials on hairstyles. A company that is doing very well is Aussie. It has the experience of YouTubers with a long list of followers to constantly publish content on their channel.
The inspirational video fit perfectly almost any business and is perfect for communicating the image of your brand and increases your number of followers.
This kind of videos help build a picture of the lifestyle that inspires your brand and shows customers that when they buy a product, are building an experience.
GoPro is a good example in this case. With your videos to built a brand identity around the adventure, exploration and adrenaline.
These videos show the different ways in which customers use their products, including an excellent inspirational phrase: “Be a hero”.
Build a strategy around funny videos YouTube is one of the best ways to capture the visitor’s attention and focus to your products.
Vat19, an online gift shop has specialized in showing their products using this method, and has built an online empire through compelling content and focused. It currently has over 2 million subscribers on YouTube, which means that this approach certainly is paying off.
Optimize your videos
Your YouTube channel, like the web of your online business, you need a good SEO strategy for your potential customers can find your videos.
Each element of your videos, from the title to the description, can have a strong impact on search results if you choose the right keywords.
Make brainstorm keywords with which you want your customers know your site and run a planning tool keywords like Keyword Tool for YouTube to make sure you’re using popular terms. This tool will also help you discover new items for your videos.
You may also like to read another article on Tiffany-Hines: Do we really rival physical stores with online shop?
One of the most important things that YouTube considered when determining the quality of your video is the engagement you generate.
Encourages viewers to leave a comment, subscribe to the channel, share content or give to like after viewing the video. These actions increase social opportunities that show up in the top search results. If you want to boost the level of engagement towards your brand, try a draw. These events are great to boost audience participation.
Another factor that influences the positioning is the number of copies of a video. To get the first visits distribute your videos to all your contacts and publish them on social networks.
The format of the videos also plays an important role in the search results. While YouTube can not see as such your video or determine the quality of content, there are other characteristics into account.
- File name: You must include your keywords in which you want to position.
- Duration: YouTube considers the long videos are more valuable.
- Title: The video title should be short, concise, and descriptive should include the most important keyword.
- Description: The longer the description, the better your keywords should also be included in this description.
- Labels: You do not need to include an excessive number of labels in your videos for better positioning, but try to include those that are related to your keywords.
Tips and extra tricks
What mentioned above are all the basics you need to cover, but if you want to go a step further and become a professional authentic YouTube pay attention to these tips.
Add a watermark
A watermark is perfect to customize each of your videos with a link to your channel, making it much easier for new visitors to find more videos of your brand.
- To add this watermark to your videos, go to the home page of your YouTube channel and click on “Video Manager”. This will take you to Creator Studio, where you can access some advanced settings.
- When they’re in the program, click on “Channel” in the left sidebar.
- A drop down menu will appear on “Channel”. Click “Branding” and then “add watermark”. With this you can upload an image to be displayed in the corner of each of your videos.
Enables a button automatic subscription
It is important that you encourage your audience to subscribe to your channel. Every time you send you link your channel to a client or agency adds “Sub_confirmation = 1” at the end of the URL of your channel. In this way a button appears subscription automatically.
As you can see creating a YouTube channel for your business it is a simple task that can provide you many benefits in the form of new customers and sales. All you need is to create good content that connects with your audience. To do this you can count on professional experts freelance video.