10 Jun 6 tips to take care of your body during pregnancy
Taking care of your body during pregnancy will be important to avoid the appearance of stretch marks, cellulite, and other conditions characteristic of this stage. Know these tips to achieve it.
It is common for certain marks or unsightly signs to appear in the body during pregnancy, due to the hormonal alterations that occur during and after pregnancy. In addition to the characteristic symptoms such as nausea and fatigue, the skin also usually suffers some changes. We suggest visiting laser hair removal in Manhattan.
Although the vast majority will disappear over time, it doesn’t hurt that you invest a little energy to take care of yourself. Therefore, we bring you some tips so that you are more than gleaming on this beautiful stage. Discover them below.
Take care of your skin to prevent (and mitigate) stretch marks
Stretch marks are those whitish lines that appear on the skin, mainly due to stretching of the skin and hormonal changes.
Although not all women present them in the same way, it is usual for them to present them in areas such as: thighs, hips, buttocks, belly, and breasts. Visit the wax centers in midtown Manhattan to get the best care for waxing.
To prevent them, you must take good care of your skin and, of course, control your weight. It is clear that it will be inevitable that you will gain a few kilos, but with a balanced diet, an appropriate exercise routine and other strategies that your doctor indicates, you will stay within the most appropriate parameters.
Although it seems that to prevent (or treat) stretch marks the key is only to watch your weight, in reality, it is important to use moisturizers or oils daily on the whole body. With good hydration, the skin will regain (and maintain) its elasticity and its good appearance, which in turn translates into fewer stretch marks.
Regarding the use of these products, a publication of the American Academy of Dermatology recommends that the following points be taken into account:
- Always apply moisturizers, even if you haven’t noticed the first stretch marks. This will help you get the best results.
- Apply the product through massages to make the process more pleasant and beneficial. This way you will make the product absorb better and be more effective.
- Be consistent. If you want to see results, you must keep the habit of taking care of your body in pregnancy.
Beware of cellulite
Even if your body does not have cellulite marks, it is important that you take care of your skin to prevent them from appearing. If you already suffer from it, even more so, follow the advice below:
- Massage with gel cream or oil from the thighs, from the bottom up, in a circular way. This is important to stimulate fat cells and decongest the tissues.
- Exercise regularly, as directed by your doctor. Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- If you suffer from fluid retention, tell your doctor about it and apply the suggestions they give you.
- Avoid the consumption of foods and meals with a high content of salt and sugar, as well as all ultra-processed products (such as bag snacks, junk, cold cuts, and cola drinks), as they promote fluid retention.
Stay well hydrated
Hydration plays an important role in the health of the microbiota. Also, avoid stress and unhealthy habits.
One of the best ways to take care of your body in pregnancy is by keeping it hydrated. With the consumption of 8 to 10 glasses of water a day you can help the body burn calories, prevent fluid retention and eliminate toxins.
In addition, according to research by The Journal of Perinatal Education, adequate fluid intake would be essential to support fetal circulation, amniotic fluid, and have a greater volume of blood. The latter is vital during childbirth.
Take care of your hair
The most common is that the hair is at its best during pregnancy and you notice that it becomes fuller and shinier. However, in some cases, pregnant women may notice the opposite: their hair becomes brittle and fragile, due to frequent hormonal changes.
To prevent your hair from suffering drastic alterations, follow these tips:
- Say no to braids or some type of hairstyle that tightens the hair and less if you have it wet.
- Try to increase your intake of fruits and vegetables that provide antioxidants, as this helps strengthen hair follicles.
- Use lukewarm water to wash it, as high temperatures dry and dull your hair.
Although the experiences and concerns of the pregnancy stage are loaded with stress, it is necessary that you try to stay calm. When stress is consistently high, it can lead to damage to physical and mental health. To avoid them, practice one of the following relaxation techniques:
Deep breathing: take a deep breath from the abdomen to fill it with air, the more oxygen you inhale, the lower the tension. Remember: inhale through your nose, exhale through your mouth.
Yoga: The practice of yoga will be very useful to reduce stress, calm the mind and connect with your body. Find an expert to avoid injuries and know what are the ideal positions for this stage.
Conditioned relaxation: sit up straight, review your body mentally and relax each of the parts.
Always focus on the breath: make sure it is long and deep and try to hold the rhythm for several seconds. Create a special environment to practice relaxation, either with the help of music, aromatherapy or in a space where you feel calm.
Take care of your face
Clean your face daily so that it remains radiant, hydrated, and healthy. To avoid the appearance of dark spots or to eliminate them, follow these indications:
- Protect your skin from UV rays: always use sunscreen (even on cloudy days) and cover your face on sunny days with a hat or umbrella.
- Use gentle makeup: try to use beauty products according to your skin type to keep your skin healthy and beautiful. Remember to remove all makeup from your face before sleeping, as the residues of this can deteriorate the pigmentation of your skin.
- Apply masks: Take time, at least once a week, to make a homemade mask. Try to give it extra nutrients and hydration to pamper your skin.
- To take care of your body in a comprehensive way during pregnancy, you must not forget how important it is to choose the most appropriate products for your skin type and, if you have any doubts, consult a dermatologist.
Do you put these recommendations into practice? Now that you know all these tips to take care of your body during pregnancy, do not hesitate to incorporate them into your daily routine. In addition to taking care of yourself outside and inside, you will be ensuring your well-being and that of the baby.