You have probably heard about the importance of making a good impression in a job interview. This is the most important stage of the selection process, as it is the employer the opportunity to meet you personally and gives you enough information to form an opinion of you.
But make a good impression not only means dressing appropriately, aspects such responses, body posture and reactions to scenarios, can make a difference in getting employment.
Here in this article we offer you some tips to follow for the job interview where you should show your best…
- Arrive early: Plan the time it will take to reach the place of the interview. No worse impression late for the job interview. Punctuality shows that you care enough for the job. But do not overdo it, ten minutes is enough, otherwise, if you arrive half an hour earlier or you will have to wait and your coach can not see positively.
- Dress for the occasion: Whatever the job, you need to view formal, so this will demonstrate that the work you take it seriously. Avoid warm colors; a good option is the navy blue, dark gray and black. Neutral colors will be your allies in this event. You keep a suitable hairstyle, nothing too crazy, the simpler the better. Women should not use too much makeup.
- Leave salary for last: Probably one of the issues that most worry you or you are interested, but must leave to go and show greater interest in the motivations and expectations of the job. If manifest that is most important, you immediately lose several points, as the deemed employer is your main motivation.
- Eye contact: Keep eye contact throughout the interview time, since it is a way of showing interest, security and confidence.
- Solve your doubts: The interview cannot end without you to clarify your doubts, this also show interest in the job. Some points that should be very clear are:
- What is the length of the working day?
- How many people do I have to monitor? (If you are aspiring to a supervisory position)
- Body Language: The positions are one of the most powerful aspects of non-verbal communication and provide more relevant information on the type of person you are. Staying upright denote confidence and security, in terms of face, delivering a smile from time to time, this will create a much friendlier environment.