Gone are the days when gazpachos like beets, cherries, carrots and others provoked surprise. Everything that was not the traditional Andalusian gazpacho, with its tomato, cucumber, garlic, green pepper, bread, salt, vinegar and oil, was suspect. However (and fortunately) we have opened minds and incorporated tremendously delicious mixes into our repertoires. This is confirmed by the five most searched gazpachos on the Internet, which we teach you to prepare with their recipes easier and delicious.
The best way to stay hydrated and nourished in summer is a good gazpacho. Many of us know it and in our refrigerators there is always a bottle ready to be swallowed. Especially the watermelon gazpacho, which is the one that occupies the first place in the rankin, followed by the traditional, the melon, the cherries and the beet. Let’s see how to prepare the five most wanted gazpachos on the Internet. You think?
1. Watermelon Gazpacho
We were not surprised that the watermelon gazpacho is the most popular, it is our favorite. It is perfect for those who are not especially friends of the gazpacho, because it is soft and enters without feeling. The watermelon gives it a very light sweet touch without getting to change the essence of the traditional gazpacho in excess. Wonderful.
- Ingredients for four people: 250 g of watermelon (peeled and without seeds), 250 g of ripe tomato, 1 Italian green pepper, 1 clove of garlic, 100 g of hard bread, water, salt, 15 ml of Modena vinegar and 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Preparation: We cut the bread and hydrated it in a bowl with cold water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile we wash the tomatoes and remove the hard part. Wash the pepper and remove the head and seeds. We cut both into regular pieces. Peel the clove of garlic and remove the germ. We introduce it in the glass of a blender together with the tomato, the pepper, the well-drained bread, the watermelon and the vinegar. We crush, taste the point and season to taste. Add the extra virgin olive oil and shred again, this time at maximum power for about five minutes. This step is important because we want the oil to emulsify with the already crushed mixture and give it a creamy texture. We check the thickness and texture. If we want more liquid, we add water to taste. If you have leftover skins, etc., we passed it through a fine sieve. When it is to our liking, we introduce the gazpacho in the fridge and let it cool well before serving.
2. Traditional gazpacho
The king of summer and the one that many have seen daily in our homes. There was no day that our mothers did not make traditional gazpacho. We drank it like it was water. With time it has been evolving and there is no better sample of it than the varieties that we find in this post, not to mention the many other recipes that we have in our possession.
- Ingredients for six people: 1 k pear tomato, 1 Italian green pepper, 1 cucumber, 2 garlic cloves, 250 ml extra virgin olive oil, 50 h hard loaf bread, 250 ml cold water (from the fridge ), 5 g of salt and 50 ml of sherry vinegar.
- Preparation: We slice all the ingredients and put them in the glass of a blender or Turmix. Add the oil, water and vinegar and grind. We pass the resulting gazpacho through a fine sieve, squeezing with a ladle to make a cream without skins or seeds and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to cool well before serving.
Continue Reading: Soft drink processing 101
3. Melon gazpacho
One of the most surprising is the melon gazpacho (or cold soup, as we want to call it). Sweet, full of contrasts and very refreshing. We can serve it as a starter, as an appetizer, in small format, or as a shot between plates, to cleanse the palate. A few ham taquitos as a side dish make it the melon with ham of a lifetime, but in soup version.
- Ingredients for two people: 375 g of melon (whole weight), 1 clove of garlic small or medium large, 50 g of spring onion, 30 g of Italian green pepper, 50 g of cucumber, 50 g of sliced bread (half slice approximately ), 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil, salt and ground white pepper.
- Preparation: Peel the clove of garlic and remove the germ so that its flavor is softer. We can use only half and test the result before adding the whole garlic clove. The balance of flavors in this gazpacho is very important. Peel the spring onion and cut into quarters. Wash the pepper and cut into large pieces. Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds. Peel and cut the melon into large pieces and also the sliced bread. We introduce all the ingredients in the glass of a blender, season and crush. Add the extra virgin olive oil and crush for a couple of minutes at maximum power to emulsify. Serve cold and accompanied by some tacos of ham, blue cheese or crumbled feta or garnish that we feel like.
4. Cherry gazpacho
Taking advantage of the fact that we are still in season, we have this cherry gazpacho so visual. We can take it as we indicated in the recipe or accompany it with a side dish of cheese and anchovies, which feel great. The contrast of flavors and textures is tremendous. Do not stop trying either one of the two.
- Ingredients for four people: 500 g of pear tomatoes, 250 g of cherries, 50 g of red peppers, 50 g of onion, 20 ml of sherry vinegar, 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil and 200 ml of water (approx. ).
- Preparation: We clean all the vegetables and chop them. In a blender glass we grind everything together. We add the vinegar and the oil. We finished crushing and mixing. If we have used a powerful kitchen robot and we obtain a smooth texture, we only have to keep it in the fridge until the moment of serving. If this is not the case, we pass the gazpacho for a Chinese before saving. We serve very cool.
5. Beet gazpacho
If the cherry gazpacho is striking, the beet cannot be stopped looking. In addition to visual it is tasty and refreshing, with a strong point to ginger that sets it apart from any other. It can be adjusted to each person’s taste, playing with the ingredients and their quantities. It is delicious with a few pieces of blue or fresh cheese, some pine nuts and a teaspoon of crispy fried onions.
- Ingredients for two people: 2 cooked beets, 80 g of extra virgin olive oil, 10 g of sherry vinegar, 200 ml of water, 1 clove of garlic, 20-40 g of fresh ginger and salt.
- Preparation: We chop the beets (eye that stain a lot so maybe you want to wear gloves) and put them in the glass of an American blender or another powerful kitchen robot. Peel the clove of garlic and add it. We do the same with the vinegar and the water that we pour in the glass of the blender. Then peel the ginger and chop. We add it to the previous ingredients and season. We beat at full power for the time necessary for the ingredients are well mixed. Pour the oil, mix at low speed and serve immediately decorating with the trips that we like the most.